From PTI Security Systems
When doing a Download All Units command, you may receive an "Access Violation" error message. This is typically a result of a corrupt record in one of two databases. To find and eliminate this record, use these steps:
- Close the DigiWin program, if it is running.
- Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the C:\Program Files\Digigate folder.
- Run the program "Dataview.exe" (User ID = digi, password = 1989).
- Select the button labeled "Open Database".
- Navigate to the authorized.db file and select it.
- Look for a blank entry in one of the following fields (UniqueID, TENANTNUMBER,ACCESSNUMBER,UNITNUMBER,or LASTNAME).
- Do the same thing for the Tenant.db file if you do not find the problem in the authorized.db
- When you find the line with the problem, select it and use the button with the minus symbol to delete ONLY that line.
- Continue to check the file to see if there are any remaining corrupt entries.
- Select the Close Database button and then close Dataview.
No Communication from the PC to the Syscon
To correct this error, perform the following steps.
- Run the program "C:\Program Files\Borland\Common Files\bdeadmin.exe".
- Select the "Database" Tab, then Click on "Databases".
- If you see an alias listed for "DIGIGATE", delete it. If not, go on to the next step.
- Open the object menu and select new. Leave as standard and select OK.
- A new entry will appear under Databases with STANDARD highlighted.
- Rename STANDARD to DigiGate and enter.
- To the right under Definition, in the “PATH” field click on the box with the three dots.
- Navigate through the browse to C:\Program Files\Digigate and click OK.
- Set “DEFAULT DRIVER” to PARADOX, and “ENABLE BCD” to FALSE.
- Select apply in the Object Menu and Save all Edits and ExitTo close a program or window, generally by clicking on the red ⌧ in the upper right corner of the window. Also refers to a user leaving a facility by entering their code at a keypad that operates a gate or door, allowing egress from the site or building..
- Operation Complete. Digigate should now run without the error.