Difference between revisions of "Wire Recommendations"
From PTI Security Systems
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
Revision as of 10:44, 19 September 2014
We have a list of the recommended wire types for installing PTI manufactured products as well as many of the other access control and security products that we sell to compliment our system.
- Always refer to local code prior to ordering the wire for your site, as these requirements may be more stringent.
- We strongly recommend that you purchase the wire for your system from PTI as we have determined the most ideal wire over years of experience and testing.
- Using the incorrect wire for an application can cause many problems with voltage drop, RF Interference, and ground faults; resulting in lost revenue and greatly increased costs for service, reinstallation, repair, and technical support.
- Planning and installing the wiring of a site is a process that requires a high degree of technical knowledge; PTI recommends that this be done by a trained professional.
- If you have questions, please contact our Technical Support Department.
If you would like to purchase any of the wire recommended below that has a PTI part number, please contact our Sales Department representatives by telephone at (800) 331-6224, by email at email@example.com, or by using our Web Store. Items without part numbers are not available for purchase through PTI, but are noted so that other sources may be located.
|Description||PTI Part #||Belden Wire Code||Ohms Per Foot Resistance|
|18 awg, 4 conducter stranded copper wire with overall shield and common ground (PVC insulation).||WWIR1804S||9418||6.92|
|18 awg, 4 conducter stranded copper wire with overall shield and common ground (Plenum insulation).||89418||6.92|
|18 awg, 4 conducter stranded copper wire with overall shield and common ground (Direct Burial).||WWIR1804SDB||9552||6.92|